Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Yesterday, Ben, Jeff, Meaghan and I went to try to climb to the top of the Basilica downtown but we got there too late. I hear you climb up this spiral staircase with no railing and then can see really far from the top. We'll have to go another time. Then we went to a cafe to get out of the rain and it was very gringo-friendly. Our waiter was a gem. Hot chocolate and mozzarella cheese cubes hit the spot- still don't know why they gave us cheese. I've been trying to get my Censo, like the Ecuadorian ID card, everyday for the past few days but they either take too long or are closed or something ridiculous. I now know how difficult is to enter a country, can't imagine doing it without these clear instructions from the University and if you didn't know the language. The whole process is annoying but I guess is necessary to not have too many illegal people come in. I hear Ecuador lets almost anyone into the country, though. That's both good and bad and is what I discussed in my conversations class yesterday.

I got my schedule (finally) figured out today. What a stressful process!
Areas Protegidas (talking about protected areas in Ecuador/the world)
Gender and Society
History of Latin America
Intermediate Spanish Conversation

I'm finally getting homework so I should probably go work on that. I feel like I need to do extra since everything is in Spanish and is kind of confusing.

Comment on my blog so I know people read it! I guess it's good for me to also be able to remember everything that happens this semester, but comments are appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment