Sunday, August 29, 2010

Today is a journaling kind of day

Today has been a very introspective and introverted kind of day. I realized that my life and all of its events have culminated to prepare for this trip. I went to camp for 10 years to learn how to interact with people I knew, strangers, and people I could almost call family. I also learned lots of skills- orienteering, trust, love, patience, respect acceptance for differences, an adventurous and curious spirit, and so many more. I also spent lots of time away from home and had no problem with it most of the time. So camp was a big help. Going away to college also helped me to be able to live with lots of different people with something crazy happening everyday. I have lots of people to go on adventures with and lots of friends from my 2 years at MSU. I also learned how to pack for just about anything from these two places. From weekend trips to packing everything I would need for 4 months, I know how to and am so thankful now that I brought lots of warm clothes because I know I get cold and also that I brought lots of cash because it's hard to get here. I learned family values from, well, my wonderful family and know they support me in everything I do. And as much as it weirds me out to say it, Spanish classes from high school have helped me SO much to teach me so much vocabulary, history, and grammar that I use everyday here. I guess Senora Bilski teaching us stuff which at the time seemed useless, like when would I need to know the word for spoon, but now that's so helpful! It's kind of weird since my life has kind of led up to these 4 months, like what happens next? Finish up college and find a new dream? I guess only time will tell what this new book of life has in store for me.

1 comment:

  1. Yes--love the camp mention! AND I'm glad to hear that Bilski'll actually teach me something useful (contrary to popular belief) because I've got her this year. Keep up your blog, I love reading it! :)

    ReplyDelete