Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The past week

Not much exciting has happened in the last week. I think I'm finally over my illness which is a relief. But I've had to catch up on all of the school I missed. I was late to my Spanish class yesterday and the teacher is a big stickler on attendance and she said "Ohh, Michelle you were gone a lot last week. And you were tardy today. One more time missing my class and then F. Fail." Just about made me freak out. I don't want to fail a class because of attendance. But I talked to her and as long as I bring something to show I was at the doctor I can get the two attendances waived for her. But she's crazy.

I have 3 exams next week. One is a take home essay, one is over 6 full pages of verbs that have the slightest bit of difference in their meaning, and one is over the conquistadors and independence of Latin American history. Joy. Good thing I'll have a lot of time to study this weekend... in the RAINFOREST!!!!!! I'm so incredibly excited. We're going to the Tiputini Biodiversity Research Station, near Yasuni National Park. It's the most biodiverse area in the whole world. I hear amazing things about it.

I think it's funny how people in Latin America eat rice so much, but also how people in Asia eat it so much. It's not like the Asians colonized here, but somehow both cultures love to eat rice. Just a small observation.

Probably won't update until after Tiputini, but will hopefully have AMAZING things to say about that place. So excited. Bring it on, rainforest.

No comments:

Post a Comment