Thursday, September 9, 2010

There are so many random jobs that people have here that don't exist in the States, or at least aren't as prevalent. A lot of houses have maids that either come once or twice a week or live with the family during the week, like mine. I can see already the lack of police here. I mean, I see the policemen a lot but they never seem to do much. There are always guards outside people's houses and buildings who do no more than open doors. Lately near my house, these guys direct traffic at the intersections where there are already functioning lights. They blow their really annoying whistles a lot. Oh well.

They're really weird about feet here. Feet are apparently the dirtiest thing ever. Cannot leave the ground. Good thing I can never handle when my feet touch the ground when I'm sitting down...

The pollution is really bad here. Like I'll be walking down the street and a huge cloud of black smoke comes at my face. I also just ate something that makes me never want to eat again. This is pleasant.

BEACH TOMORROW!!! Should be quite the adventure. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment