Sunday, December 19, 2010

One week left!

So much has happened in the past month or so. Finished up classes/still have to correct a project to "comply with the objectives" or something of the assignment and make it perfect. I guess I could be doing that right now but don't really want to. My grades are a lot better than I thought they would be- definitely a good feeling, but I still might get straight B's. Oh well.

My uncle Dave found out last week that he has pancreatic cancer, one of the worst kinds of cancer to treat, and it's spreading to his liver and to all his organs. He decided not to do chemo because it wouldn't buy him much time. So instead he's going to live his life to the fullest for about a month, travel to visit my aunt and uncle who live in the Florida Keys so he can enjoy himself for a month or so and then his body will attack itself and he'll be in too much pain to continue on so he'll have a few months of suffering. Basically he has 3-6 months to live. Such a weird thing. I've never had someone this close to me on the verge of death/die. It's especially weird just hearing about everything over skype or the phone and not actually being there. He's trying to be positive and just live as long as he can fight. Guess that's all anyone can do.

Last night was the last night of all my friends all together. We went out and got pizza at El Hornero- our favorite/the cheapest pizza for good reason, but it's a tradition. Then went to our favorite bar, Finn McCools for drinks, foosball, and just great company. Definitely bittersweet. But our favorite song came on at the end of the night to dance to- Learn to Fly by the Foo Fighters so we just danced our hearts out, said our goodbye's/see you laters and left. Everyone is excited and ready to go home but we'll never be all together again. I'm one of the last to leave which is always strange. I haven't cried yet but my closest friends haven't left yet, well Jessie and Ben did but I know I'll see them. Valerie does tomorrow. Have to say goodbye to Meaghan on Wednesday and Jeff on Saturday. Jeff's going to be the hardest. Don't want to think about it.

But on a brighter note, my mom comes in tonight! We'll be touring Quito (what we're doing I have no clue) and then go to the Galapagos on Wednesday until Sunday and home on Monday. I'm so excited. I've wanted to visit the Galapagos since I was 10 or so. Dreams come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment