Sunday, December 19, 2010

The 12 days near Christmas

On the first day near Christmas, my mother comes to town. I will see people off who I may never see again but hope to at some point during this crazy life.

On the second day near Christmas, I show her around Quito, meet my friends, spend lots of time together

On the third day near Christmas, more tours of Ecuador, and it’s Family Quiz Night. Last night all together SUPER BITTERSWEET

On the fourth day near Christmas, I LEAVE FOR THE GALAPAGOS ISLANDS. it’s only been my dream since i was 10 to go there. flight#3 of the 7 I’ll do in a week.

On the fifth day near Christmas, we spend time touring islands, snorkeling, getting tan, living the dream, looking at iguanas and blue footed boobies and finches and giant tortoises.

On the sixth day near Christmas, it’s my birthday! No longer will be a teenager. But I get to spend it at the Darwin Center being a nerd so it’s worth it. Get to see Lonesome George that day DREAM COME TRUE. hope he lives.

On the seventh day near Christmas, it is Christmas! Spent on Santa Cruz exploring and enjoying the warmth. But I have to say goodbye to Jeff that day. mehhhh.

On the eighth day near Christmas, return to Quito, flight # 4 of 7 for the week, say goodbye to my host family and spend my last night in Ecuador.

On the ninth day near Christmas, I GET TO GO HOME!!! not excited about flights 5-7 of the week when it’s high holiday travel. but that’s okay. I get to see snow and freeze my ass off and have a grand ol’ time.

On the tenth day near Christmas, I will go shopping and spend time with my family. Probably have Christmas celebrations. It will be splendid.

On the eleventh day near Christmas, more family time, breakfast club reunion.

On the twelfth day of Christmas, I will ponder the spelling of ‘twelfth’ and throw a baby shower for my sister because I’m SO EXCITED FOR HER BABY TO COME but have no idea how to throw a baby shower.

atypical like my life. busy. absolutely amazing. living the wavy life and the dream as my pal will would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment