Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Esmeraldas

This weekend I went to my friend Brian's host family's resort north of Esmeraldas. It was very nice and secluded. We had 12 students who went and it was a fun group. We spent most of the time just relaxing, riding the waves, sea kayaking, found a donkey or horse skull and tried to break the teeth out for souvenirs, etc. The difference between high tide and low tide was crazy. Normally it's a few feet or like 20 feet, no this was about 300 at least. Crazy! We also had a bonfire that took a bottle of gasoline and a bunch of effort to start, but once it started it lasted for a long time.

I got my first F written on an exam. I don't remember the last time that happened. So that's a feat. Luckily the teacher is letting me retake the exam Monday so I'll have to study. It's just so hard to be motivated to study here, especially after getting a grade like that.

I just got an email saying that the state of emergency has been extended for 60 more days only in Quito, not the rest of the country. It's rated Critical in the warning scale. Good thing I live in Quito... Just have to be extra careful, especially after dark it says. But nothing seems different from before the whole Coup thing happened. I'll still be careful- don't want to get robbed or kidnapped!

I'm in a really weird mood lately and I can't shake it. I feel like I'm just tired, which I probably am, but it seems more than that. Hopefully it will pass soon.

keep truckin' life keeps goin. dont forget to fasten your seatbelt.

No comments:

Post a Comment