Tuesday, November 2, 2010

being abroad has made me learn so much about cultural differences and the world in general. grown up so much. but it also has made me miss things about the USA that i never though i'd miss. those things include:

- drinking fountains
- being able to go to a sink, stick a glass under and drink the water. not boil it. not waste lots of plastic bottles getting water.
- chinese food that doesn't make you sick
- thai food that doesn't make you sick
- food in general that doesn't make you sick
- Hershey's cookies'n'creme bars
- chocolate
- goldfish/cheezits
- my sister
- Halloween
- texting endlessly
- cell phone plans, not ones that run out every week
- phone with a keyboard and not my little nokia, even though it has snake
- weather that changes with seasons
- being productive

But don't get me wrong. There are definitely things I'll miss when I'm gone
- getting a full meal for $2
- traveling each and every weekend around the country
- improving my language and conversation skills
- warm weather
- the beach so close
- living in the mountains
- learning so rapidly about cultural differences
- buying bread for 20 cents regularly
- flowers everywhere


overall it's been a great experience thus far. some bumps along the way but that's to be expected. less than 2 months to live fully. let's do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment